Art Space Portsmouth is pleased to welcome Tracy Hanna the recipient of the Art Space Portsmouth International Residency 2012.
Tracy will be in residence for four weeks until the end of March 2012. Please follow her progress here:

Monday 5 March 2012

Underwatereality


I imagine its cold but I’m sure my body would consist differently and I wouldn’t feel cold.  Being under the water that is.  I suppose, supposing I’m a thing that is alive, I would be a little bit slippy, the surface of my skin I mean.  I would flow with the water easily.  And my weight would feel like less than it does now.  It would be darker.  Maybe, when another object moves that is in a close enough proximity to me I would feel it on my skin. The water would move toward me, in a tiny wave.  So then everything touches everything else, and is affected by everything else.  The objects within it, I suppose, affect even the sea level itself.  Their volume is displaced and the level rises.  I’m sure this amount of water might be tiny when it all averages out but it must hold true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment